Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Welcome!

My name is Tiesha. I am 16 years old and I live in Mesa, AZ. One can definitely call me environmentally friendly; from buying food to house supplies to beauty products I try to always go Green. I use natural cleaning products that are biodegradable and use products that have not been tested on animals. The environment is super important to us all.

Here are a few of my top loves:
1. Friends
2. TV/ Movies
3. Books
4. Sports

My favorite TV shows:
Kyle XY, Lost, reruns of the Gilmore Girls, EcoTrip (on the Sundance Channel) and shows on Green Planet.

Some of my favorite books:
Harry Potter Series, Twilight Saga, The Chronicles of Narnia Series, Maximum Ride, the Princess Diaries, and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Previous to this summer, summer of 2008, I volunteered for the Arizona Science Center. It was one of my best summers. The ASC added to my interest in the world and life’s most curious phases (Grossology Gallery). It also helped build my work ethic and determination to not sit back and watch us destroy the Earth. As a good quote by biologist E.O. Wilson states, “Destroying rain forest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” I urge all to buy biodegradable, recycled, and renewable plant products and materials our earth and all who inhabit it are depending on it. We are all Earths Ambassadors and should take an active interest in the well being of our planet.

Not only do I minimize my carbon footprint by purchasing eco friendly products and conserving energy but I also do so by the way of what I eat. I am a Vegan. In other words, I hug trees, and eat from trees. All in all, to me, everything circulates around the tree. The tree is rooted firmly in the soil and in so many ways it is life giving. Such is our lives too. Long after we are gone our family tree carries on living through our legacy.

When school restarts at summer’s end I will be:
1. French Club President
2. Taking Advance Placement classes: English, Science, Physiology, and French
3. Participating in - Cross Country

I am glad you’ve gotten to know me a bit. I am dependable, eco-friendly, driven, and personable. Have questions? Just send me a message and I will swiftly reply.

Have a Great and Earth Friendly Life!

Sincerely,
Tiesha

No comments:

Post a Comment